Ion Exchange for heavy metal removal
for rinse water treatment prior to discharge to selectively remove nickel, copper, zinc, and chrome to parts-per-billion levels to meet discharge limits. Employing specialized ion exchange resin for selective metals removal even with high background concentrations of other dissolved solids, 1-lb or more of metal per cubic foot of resin can be cost-effectively removed. A heavy metals removal program is necessary to ensure proper adherence to site discharge requirements for many constituents.
The CIX-MS is designed for applications requiring a continuous flow of 10-gpm or less while the SIX with duplex or triplex vessels is designed for higher-flow applications of up to 100’s of gpm.
Typical system configuration includes a feed tank with pH adjust capability to ensure feed water meets the required pH limits, the metal-scavenging skid with vessels-size based upon application flow requirements and feed water metals loading , and a effluent pH adjust tank to ensure compliance with regulatory solution pH discharge limits.
In combination with electrolytic recovery systems that we also offer, the SIX and CIX-MS systems can also potentially recover in a re-usable form copper, nickel, chrome, lead, or cadmium. In the chemical industry, other undesirable impurities can be removed from solutions.
CIX-MS Metal Scavenger
- Standard model includes duplex bag filters remove relatively low levels of suspended solids followed by two (2) “lead” and two (2) “lag” vessels ensuring one (1) each are in-service at all times with service and regeneration cycles regulated by Kinetico control valves.
- Enhanced Pretreatment (EP) version additionally includes duplex backwashing filters for removal of suspended solids in feed water.
SIX Metal Scavenger
- Duplex Two (2) vessels are run in a lead/lag configuration with during normal operation the lead vessel run to exhaustion while the secondary vessel polishes the lead vessel effluent and during periodic regeneration of the lead vessel, only the “lag” vessel remaining on-line.
- Triplex Includes a 3rd exchange vessel to process high-metal concentrations with added security compared to the duplex system of always having two vessels on-line.
Metal Scavenging System SIX20
- Decrease waste disposal volume and costs
- Can provide a payback in less than one year
- Printed Circuit Board
- Lower operating costs than conventional treatment
- Resins can be customized to your particular application
Counter Current Regeneration
Counter-current chemical feed opposite to service uses 50% less chemicals reducing waste 60% while maintaining high quality
Delivered ready-to-install with few connections requiring minimal time and space & can be easily moved
Independent Re-generations Control
Vessels independently regenerate to optimize system capacity
All system variables, set points, and data logs are readily accessible on the HMI
Programmable Automation Controlled
Utilizing best-in-class Allen Bradley Compact-Logix controllers and automation components
Premium Quality Resins
Top-quality, long life resins are carefully selected by our engineers to match the specific demands of the application.
Our IX systems for trivalent or hexavalent chrome plating and anodizing baths are customized with different IX resins for targeted removal of iron, aluminum, & other metal contaminants to purify for consistent performance and extend bath life as an alternative to decanting and periodic dumping.
All Water Innovation-built scavenging IX systems are automated with a programmable automation controller (PAC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) using a color touch screen for high-quality performance and efficient operation.
We also offer Precious Metals Processing Consultants (PMPC), Ionnet™ and Gold Bug® electrolytic recovery systems for recovery of gold among other precious metals from process baths & rinses as well as for wastewater treatment applications for electroless copper and cadmium-cyanide baths and rinses.
We’re proud to partner with PMPC for their cutting-edge gold bug® and Ionnet™ electrolytic units in combinations with our IX scavenging for the highest-possible metals removal and recovery.
Product | Downloads:
SIX Metal Scavenging Product Brochure
SIX 10 Metal Scavenging Datasheet
SIX 15S Metal Scavenging Datasheet
SIX 20S Metal Scavenger Datasheet
SIX Duplex Metal Scavenging Systems Datasheet
CIX MS10 Metal Scavenging Systems Datasheet
Request a quote on line, call 760-294-1888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org